Boxford Village Hall was opened in 2014 by the local author Sebastian Faulks who grew up in Boxford. It is a modern flexible space for the use of the local community, with stunning views across the Lambourn Valley towards Boxford House and Hoar Hill. The hall is virtually carbon-neutral with solar panels providing electricity and a ground-source heat pump for hot water and heating. Security is provided by rolling shutters on all windows and a glass security main door.
Pre-School Hall (capacity for 60 people) 8.5m x 9m = 76.5 sq.m with a flat acoustic ceiling at 3.4m. This hall is dedicated to the Pre-School Teddy bears and Panda club, but is available for hire when not in use by them. http://teddybearspreschool.com/
Community Hall (capacity for 60 people) 8.5m x 8m = 68 sq.m with a vaulted ceiling, max height c.5.2m
Total (capacity for 2 halls 120 people) A folding acoustic screen separates the two halls. Combined area of both halls – 8.5x17m = 144sq.m
View plan of hall (PDF)
- A fitted kitchen – access from either pre-school or community halls, with flexibility to use as a bar, and including electric cooker, hob, microwave, dishwasher and fridge. A limited number of plates, cutlery and glasses are available.
- Separate ladies & gents changing rooms with showers/toilets & disabled toilets (access from community hall). These can be used as sports changing areas, both with showers, disabled and one other toilet)
- Children’s toilets (access from pre-school hall), 3 stalls, plus disabled toilet with baby changing facilities
- Wheel chair access
- Disabled parking
- A large gravelled car park – space for approx 40 cars extra parking available in adjoining field subject to availability with local farmer
- Area for bbq’s – health & safety requires bbq to be set up 30 metres from hall
- Area available for marquee erection
- PIR activated outside lighting at car park corner, and under the verandah
- External power points
- 15 Gopak folding tables and 60 folding chairs for internal use
- Outside tables and chairs available on request
- Bouncy Castles can only be accommodated in the Community Hall or outside.
The Recreation Ground comprises a full size football pitch and dedicated children’s play area with swings, slides, climbing frames and zip-wire.
- 2 hard courts
- Tennis courts only available for members of the tennis club
For enquiries, visit http://www.boxfordtennisclub.co.uk/
Following over 4 years of fundraising a new Artificial Wicket has been installed on the Recreation Ground at Boxford.
The “Boxford Boars” play approximately 6 Friendly Cricket Fixtures per season against local Village sides, usually on Sundays, however now we have our own pitch, we plan to increase the number to include midweek evening matches.
The Cricket pitch is available to hire – enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE BOXFORD MASQUES
The Village Hall is home to The Boxford Masques & where they rehearse their productions every 2 years.